Organized in 1948 as WSXT (Washington Society of X-Ray Technicians), we became affiliated to ASXT (American Society of X-Ray Technicians, later ASRT, American Society of Radiologic Technologists) in 1949. We officially changed our name to WSRT in 1968.
The Washington Society of Radiologic Technologists strives to give medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals the knowledge, resources, and support they need to provide quality medical care.
- Be responsive to the professional needs of its members
- Provide continuing education credits throughout the state
- Promote quality in the science and practice of Radiologic Technology
- Provide a network system for professionals within radiography to interact within the state and on a national level with ASRT
- Enhance the image and reputation of the profession